Many people who work in direct sales, network marketing and party planning companies have a fear of talking to people. This fear can keep you from having success in your business, and ultimately, sabotage your lifelong dreams.
While it’s important to get to the root of the problem in order to eliminate the fear forever, there are some “quick fixes” that can get you back in the game. (And if you read all the way to the end, you can find out how to eliminate the fear forever, too!)
Five Quick Fixes for Talking to People
1. Open your mouth. Most of the time we don’t talk to people because we fear rejection. But what if you said something that could not be rejected? Take a week and simply spend time talking to people – NOT about your business. Pay someone a compliment. Be yourself, be present, and don’t worry about what you think you should say. You don’t need a script to talk to people. Ask them questions if you don’t know what to say.
2. Take yourself out of the offer. For instance, don’t say “If I could show you a way to quit your job within the next year, would you want me to tell you about it?” Instead, try “If there was a way for you to quit your job in the next 6-12 months by working part time, would you be interested in hearing about it?” When you are not part of the offer, you cannot be rejected.
3. Don’t offer your prospects a hamburger until you know they like eating burgers, and that they’re hungry! If your job was to give out your limited supply of hamburgers, you would probably find out who is hungry first. Then you would probably ask if they like hamburgers. The same goes for your business: just because someone wants to change their life, it doesn’t mean they want to start a business. If they do want to start a business, it doesn’t mean they want to start YOUR business. Filter people out by finding out if they are looking for what you have to offer.
4. Realize there’s nothing to lose. When it comes to having a fear of talking to people, what we’re scared of is losing something. However, say you see someone who is not on your team or a current customer and you approach them and ask about either one. If they say no, you didn’t lose anything! You just made it official. Without asking, you have no way of knowing if they would be interested or not. And remember, they may just say “Yes!”
5. Always remember your purpose and realize that offering your business to others is simply a way to fulfill your purpose.
Keep your why in front of your face. You have an obligation
to offer your product or service to anyone it can help – which is pretty much anyone, right? Think about how many people you have not helped because you’ve held on to the fear of talking to them.
Now that you know how to get back in the game, you can learn how to stay in the game and win by grabbing a copy of the audio program, Unlock the Secrets of Success in Your Direct Sales Business, which is where I unveiled these quick fixes (and 4 more)! This 4-CD set covers:
- How to Eliminate the Fear of Talking to People!
- How to Skyrocket Your Sales and Recruiting!
- Magnetic Leadership
- The Secrets of Self-Motivation!
Each module has over an hour of content, and you’ll receive several bonuses as well, valued over $100:
- Special buy now bonus: The 5 Foundational Keys to Unlock Your Greatness CD
- Goal Setting Is Useless audio program and special report
- Test flight of the Eagles Club group coaching program (2 months free)
- The 7 Deadliest Goal Setting Mistakes audio program and special report
** Comment now! Tell us your tip for overcoming the fear of talking to people, and we may send you a copy of the CDs for free! (If you order now, we’ll credit you back if you win!!) One (1) winner will be selected on Friday, December 10th, based on the best answer received. **
And remember to Enjoy the Journey. ;-) ~ SS